Model Project Report on Fruit & Vegetable Processing Unit
Indian climate and physical-geographical environments have been granted a wide variety ensuring that most varieties of fruit and vegetables are available. India is the second-highest producer of fruit and vegetables (81.285 million tonnes) and (162.19 million tonnes) respectively.
Worldwide, 12.6 and 14.0 % of global supply contribute million tons) of fruits and vegetables respectively.
Almost 76 % of total production is eaten in fruit and vegetables. The fresh form is 20 to 22 %, although wastage and losses. Just 2% of the processing is underway for vegetable production and 4% for fruit production. It’s all about sharp comparison in many other developed nations with fruit production
E.g., Brazil (70%), Malaysia (83%), the Philippines (78%), and the Thai Republic (30 %).
What are the Opportunities in Agro Food and Vegetable Processing Unit in India?
The food processing industry in India is mainly geared towards exports. The geographical condition of India gives a specific value to relations with Europe, the Middle East, Japan, Malaysia, Korea, and Singapore. One example that indicates the position of India is the value of trade between India and the region of the Gulf. Various products, such as tomato puree, canned fruit, frozen fruit, frozen vegetables, and ginger-garlic pastes, gained prominence among Indian customers.
Frozen and food items canned/stored are the best alternatives to fresh foods. Since they provide convenient storage and use. Demand for fresh, cool, and Modern supermarkets also raise dried fruits and vegetables. Even a little-ones. Retailers have started to stock frozen peas or maize in refrigerators. This is a theme going to persist over the projected timeline and will ultimately drive the selling and stimulation of processed fruits and vegetables in India.
What are the Government Policies to Boost This Sector?
- In the food processing and food industry 100 percent FDI is allowed under the automatic route including food parks, alcohol bridging & distillation, cold storage chain facilities, and storage.
- Tax holidays for five years for new fruit production units, the cultivation of vegetables, and other budgetary gains have improved the resolution by the government to encourage growth in this sector.
FOOD PROCESSING is a Key to Generation of Employment in India
- Politicians identified food processing as a key to labor incentives from Agricultural to manufacturing.
- According to the 2012–13 annual industrial report, 1,6 million people participated and engaged in the food processing registered industry
- Job in the recorded food sector improved in the CAGR during FY08–13 to 1.3%.
- The highest employment in the country in 2011-12 was produced by the food products (12.1 %)
- By 2024, 9 million people in India are projected to work in the food processing industry.
Leading Companies in the Field
- Cremica Food Industries Limited
- Dabur India Limited
- ITC Limited
- Fresh top Fruits Limited
- Hindustan Unilever Limited
- Shimla Hills Offerings Private Limited
- Capricorn Food Products India Limited
- Field fresh Foods Private Limited
- Mother Dairy Fruit & Vegetable Private Limited
- Tai Industries Limited
Related video:- Agro-Food Processing Industries
Market Insights of the Industry
In India, the fruit and vegan processing industry are likely to increase by ~7.62 trillion between the year in FY 2018 and 2023, at a compound annual growth (CAGR), touching INR 256.4 billion in FY 2023.
Commercial fruit and vegetable manufacturing in India is exceedingly poor and about 2,2% of overall production is 78% in contrast to countries like the Philippines, 23% in China, and 65% in the U.S. (US).
Due to the involvement of a large number of players vying for limited shares on the global market, the unorganized sector has encountered high rivalry. Organized players fight to retain their market share and to achieve brand loyalty.
How does Indian benefit from harvesting fruits and vegetables?
As India is the second-largest fruit and vegetable producer in the world, its large production base provides major export opportunities. Furthermore, India is also near big export destinations as Africa, Middle East, Oceania, Southeast Asia. India has a geographical advantage.
NIIR PROJECT CONSULTANCY SERVICES (NPCS) could be a reliable name within the industrial world for providing integrated technical practice services. NPCS is manned by engineers, planners, specialists, money consultants, economic analysts, and style specialists with in-depth expertise within the connected industries.
The reports are led by NPCs, which is a reliable and assuring site to trust. We provide the latest reports with the closest accuracy to provide the best information to our readers.