Opportunities in Education Sector in Jammu and Kashmir
Education sector in Jammu and Kashmir provides ample opportunities for investment as it is one of the fastest growing sectors of economy. J&K Government is striving hard to ensure inclusive quality education for all to enable them to become contributing members of the society with focus on girl students providing them equitable opportunities in pursuit of achieving higher standards in education and leaning. NIIR Project Consultancy Services (NPCS) provides detailed project report targets with all the important information required for the investment in education sector. To actualize the vision of education development, the following important aspects provide opportunities for investment.
Related Projects:- Setting up of Educational Institutes, New Colleges, University, School and Institutions, Higher Education, Teaching and Learning Institute, Engineering, Medical College, Dental, Pharmacy, Management, Culinary, Nursing, Physiotherapy College
Access: Expansion of quality school and adult education.
Equity: Inclusion of disadvantaged groups and weaker sections.
Quality: Improving standards of education.
Projects: – Project Reports & Profiles
Education sector in Jammu and Kashmir provides immense scope for investment due to following reasons;
- Favourable Climatic Conditions for education
- Increasing Literacy Rate in Jammu and Kashmir
- Lack of Colleges and Universities in Jammu and Kashmir
- Availability of land for establishment of Universities and Colleges
- Availability of land for establishment of hostels
Based on the above factors, following business opportunities are available in education sector in almost all the districts of Jammu and Kashmir.
Related Books:- How to Start Profitable Education Business (11 Detailed Project Profiles) (Engineering, Dental, ITI, Management, Marine Engineering, Medical, Pharmacy, Polytechnic College and Schools)
- Establishment of Colleges: J&K provides immense opportunities for establishment of following colleges in different districts;
- Medical Colleges
- Pharmacy colleges
- Engineering colleges
- Fashion designing colleges
- Physical Education colleges
- Establishment of Universities: J&K provides immense opportunities for establishment of following universities mainly because there aren’t enough universities in J&K where Post Graduation courses are taught.;
- Basic Science and Social Science Universities with Post Graduation facilities.
- PG Medical
- PG Engineering
- Disaster Management University/ Institute
- Establishment of Hostels and residential accommodation: Establishment of hostels and residential accommodation for students possess immense business opportunities, which in turn creates opportunities for real estate business establishment and investment. The hostels could also accommodate the students from remote areas who come to the towns and cities for the purpose of education and employment as these students have to come from remote areas where there is lack of colleges and universities. This will drive the students from the far flung areas towards higher degrees in colleges and universities.
- Investment in Higher Education:
Over the years, the J&K has achieved many milestones in higher education sector. The number of colleges providing education in 1950-51 was just 7, out of which 1 college was for females. Up to 1999-2000, the number of colleges increased to 33 including 7 women colleges. By the year 2016-17, the number of colleges has increased to 96 including 12 women colleges. As per census 2011, the general literacy rate of J&K is 68.74% and the female literacy rate is 58.01%. Both are below the national average which is 74.04% and 65.46% respectively. Thus, there is scope for investment in the establishment of colleges as the established colleges aren’t enough to provide the needs of the growing education sector. This will create job opportunities in colleges and universities in faculty recruitment and establishment of hostels and other residential accommodation facilities.
With the help of NPCS’s project consultancy and market research fields, investment in education sector in Jammu and Kashmir provides enough opportunities for various companies especially in the higher education to establish different types of colleges and universities along with hostels, which will also help in investment in real estate. Thus, it would be a great opportunity for investors and companies to invest in the quality education sector in Jammu and Kashmir and gain the maximum profit with the investment.