How to Start Pig Farming and Pork Processing Business, Piggery Business Plan, Pig Farming Business Plan, Hog Production, Pork and Swine Production (Feeding Management, Breeding, Housing Management, Sausages, Bacon, Cooked Ham with Packaging)
Saturday, October 1, 2016
Almost all of the pig can be used as food. Preparations of pig parts into specialities include: sausage, bacon, gammon, ham, skin into pork scratchings, feet into trotters, head into a meat jelly called head cheese (brawn), and consumption of the liver, chitterlings and blood(blood pudding or black pudding).
The following factors can influence the type of pig farms in any given region:
- Available food supply suitable for pigs
- The ability to deal with manure or other outputs from the pig operation
- Local beliefs or traditions, including religion
- The breed or type of pig available to the farm
- Local diseases or conditions that affect pig growth or fecundity
- Local requirements, including government zoning and/or land use laws
- Local and global market conditions and demand
- Traditional farming styles and methods
Commercial pig farming in India for meat production is one of the best and profitable business ideas for the Indian people. There are several highly meat producing pig breeds available around the globe. Some of those are very suitable for commercial meat production according to the weather and climate of India. Pig farming will provide employment opportunities to seasonally employed rural farmers and Supplementary income to improve their living standards. The pig farming constitutes the livelihood of rural poor belonging to the lowest socio-economic strata and they have no means to undertake scientific pig farming with improved foundation stock, proper housing, feeding and management.
Reasons Why You Should Invest in Pig Farming
· Pigs have low mortality rate compared to other animals. They are more rugged and easier to raise. They can also survive days without food or water.
· Pigs are also cheaper to raise compared to fishes or poultry because they can eat most foods that humans eat and even if you have to buy feed for them, their feeds are cheaper than those of other animals. If you do not have money for fancy pig feed, you can always make do with stuff you can find around you or food wastes from your kitchen. This is totally impossible with fishes.
· Also, you wouldn’t have to worry about people stealing your pigs because most people would not touch live pigs with a 6-feet pole.
· The immune system of pigs is higher than other animals. As long as you give them the needed vaccines regularly, they would not fall sick. The same cannot be said for chickens which could be wiped out in one fell swoop by a disease outbreak.
· Pigs also generate more profit and if you ever get tired of pig farming, you could easily dive into real estate, using your pig farm as your first construction site.
According to recent studies of changing scenario of Animal Husbandry and Meat Industry in India, Pig farming with a profit of 60% topped all other types of subsidiary occupations like dairying (10%), poultry (30%) and sheep rearing which is at 22%.
According to an estimate, the pork production was of Rs 1682 crores and the bristles production was of Rs. 115 crores during recent years.
The characteristic features of Pig as a livestock are the highest feed conversion efficiency, utilization of wide variety of feed stuff viz. grains, forages, damaged feeds, vegetables, fruits and garbage etc., higher proficiency with shorter generation interval, i.e., first breeding as early as 8-9 months of age, farrowing twice in a year and 6-12 piglets in each farrowing. Initial requirements of small investment, quick returns and utilization of bristles and manure further increase the importance of this animal.
Pork production in India is estimated at 464 thousand metric tons in FY 2014-15. From year 2010 to 2015 pork imports increased at a CAGR of 11 percent on steady demand in hotel,restaurant and institutional sector as well in high-end retail segment. In 2015, pork imports increased by28 percent from the previous year to 527 metric tons.
Pig farming is the raising and breeding of pigs. Among the various livestock species, piggery is most potential source for meat production and pigs are more efficient feed converters after the broiler. Pig rearing has traditionally been in the main occupational axis of the socially backward down-trodden class of Indian population since time immemorial. But at present commercial pig farming has greatly changed social scenario of this business in India. Now everyone is conscious about the economic importance of pig farming.
Pig farming for meat production is one of the best and profitable business ideas for people. There are several highly meat producing pig breeds available and Initial requirements of small investment, quick returns and utilization of bristles and manure further increase the importance of this animal.
This handbook is designed for use by everyone engaged in the pork production. The book explains about how to raise and care for pigs, by choosing the right breed, how to house, feed and breed them, butchering process, manufacturing process of various pork products and sample plant layouts & process flow sheets with machinery details. Major contents of the book are behavior of pigs, feeding management, pig breeding, housing management, diseases, pork processing, sausages, bacon, cooked ham, chilling and freezing of meat, meat packaging.
It will be a standard reference book for professionals, food technologists, entrepreneurs, and others interested in startup of pig farming and pork production.
Niir Project Consultancy Services
106-E, Kamla Nagar, Near Spark Mall,
New Delhi-110007, India.
Tel: +91-11-23843955, 23845654, 23845886, 8800733955
blog comments powered by Disqus
NIIR PROJECT CONSULTANCY SERVICES (NPCS) is a reliable name in the industrial world for offering integrated technical consultancy services. Its various services are: Pre-feasibility study, New Project Identification, Project Feasibility and Market Study, Identification of Profitable Industrial Project Opportunities, Preparation of Project Profiles and Pre-Investment and Pre-Feasibility Studies, Market Surveys and Studies, Preparation of Techno-Economic Feasibility Reports, Identification and Selection of Plant and Machinery, Manufacturing Process and or Equipment required, General Guidance, Technical and Commercial Counseling for setting up new industrial projects and industry.
NPCS also publishes varies technology books, directory, databases, detailed project reports, market survey reports on various industries and profit making business. Besides being used by manufacturers, industrialists and entrepreneurs, our publications are also used by Indian and overseas professionals including project engineers, information services bureau, consultants and consultancy firms as one of the input in their research.
Products & Services